Clinical Pharmacy Specialist - Oncology
1440 E County Line Rd
Indianapolis, IN 46227
The Clinical Oncology Pharmacy Specialist position(s) is/are located at Cancer Center South, North, and East in the Indianapolis, Indiana.
*Sign on bonus of up to $5,000 for qualified Clinical Specialist thru December 31, 2017!*
This position will allow direct patient interaction regarding their treatment regimens and has an integral role within the overall healthcare team. You will be seen as a leader in the clinic setting and be depended on to integrate new treatment options into practice, alongside your peer and provider team. If looking for opportunities to take your oncology patient care to the next level, we encourage you to pursue this opportunity.
- The primary role of the Clinical Pharmacy Specialist in Oncology is to facilitate the delivery of safe, effective, financially responsible medications to the cancer patient population. Other aspects of the position include participation in education, guideline/policy development and implementation, professional development, performance improvement initiatives and clinical research.
- Develops and maintains a clinical pharmacy practice with direct patient care activities designed to optimize the pharmaco-therapeutic aspects of patient care
- Provides education to patients/caregivers, professionals, trainees and the public
- Actively participates in the development, implementation and maintenance of guidelines, policies, standards, and treatment/supportive care plans
- Actively participates in professional development activities
- Actively participates in performance improvement programs
- Other duties as assigned
Must have successfully completed of a PGY1 Pharmacy Residency and PGY2 Pharmacy Residency in Oncology or equivalent experience
Doctor of Pharmacy degree or equivalent advanced degree in pharmacy from an accredited college of pharmacy
Valid Indiana Pharmacist License; Prefer Board Certified Oncology Pharmacist
- Strong clinical skills and the ability to apply pharmacotherapeutic principles of rational drug therapy (application of evidence-based guidelines, pharmacoeconomics, innovative/novel medication therapy, etc) to patient care
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates caring behavior
- Leadership skills
- Cohesive team-building skills
- Clear understanding of quality improvement process principles
- Read and carry out complex oral and written directions
- Prepare, read, and interpret detailed reports
- Function independently with little day to day supervision
- High level decision making responsibility
- Analyze available information and formulate plans
- Plan own work activities
- Direct and coordinate work activities of others
- The incumbent must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served in his/her area
PharmD, Pharmacist, Pharm, Oncology, Chemotherapy, Clinical Specialist., Cancer Center South, Cancer Center North
Ranked among the nation's most integrated healthcare systems, Community Health Network is Central Indiana's leader in providing convenient access to exceptional healthcare services, where and when patients need them – in hospitals, health pavilions and doctor's offices, as well as workplaces, schools and homes. Exceptional care, simply delivered.
Community is a non-profit health system that is deeply committed to the communities we serve with more than 200 sites of care and affiliates throughout Central Indiana. Guided by our PRIIDE Values – Patients First, Relationships, Integrity, Innovation, Dedication and Excellence – our team of caregivers is committed to providing an exceptional experience with every life we touch.
*New hires receiving the $5,000 sign-on bonus will require a 2-year employment commitment."