Clinical Pharmacy Specialist - Ambulatory Care
3500 South LaFountain Street
Kokomo, IN 46902
Clinical Pharmacy Specialist -Ambulatory Care Kokomo, Indiana
Join our community
Community Health Network has an excellent opportunity available within our Pharmacy team. If you are looking for challenging work and meaningful advancement, then you should consider a career with Community.
Where you fit in
As part of a very progressive Ambulatory Care pharmacy team at Community Health Network, you will participate in team based care under collaborative drug therapy agreements where as a pharmacist you may make medication changes, as appropriate. You will do everything from chronic disease state management to transitions of care to preventive services, such as Medicare annual wellness visits.
Other aspects of this position include providing staff education, guideline/policy development and implementation, and participation in performance improvement initiatives. You will have opportunities to mentor and teach pharmacy students and pharmacy residents along with serving as a clinical resource for the pharmacy staff. Your expertise in your field will allow you to advance the level of patient care to achieve the best possible outcomes.
Your exceptional skills
- You have strong communication skills and an collaborative approach to patient care
- You are able to work closely with physicians and health care teams, while providing direct patient care
- Ability to a collaborative drug therapy agreement, the Pharmacist will meet with patients individually to provide extensive drug and disease state education with a particular focus on patients at high risk for hospitalization or poor health outcome. Disease states include, but are not limited to, diabetes, hypertension, dyslipidemia, asthma, COPD, and smoking cessation
- You are able work closely with patients to overcome medication adherence issues
- With the assistance of medication assistance coordinators, you are able to assist patients in obtaining cost effective medications
- Ability to serve as a drug information resource for the other providers and office staff, answering medication therapy questions
- Ability to monitor for drug-therapy-related adverse events by performing/ordering the appropriate clinical or laboratory tests.
- You are able to engage in population health projects to impact the lives of patients we serve
- You have a clear understanding of quality improvement principles
- You have the ability to precept pharmacy students and residents
Your exceptional qualifications
- Graduate of an accredited college of pharmacy, Bachelor or PharmD; Doctorate degree
- Indiana Pharmacist license
- Successful completion of a PGY1 Pharmacy Residency and PGY2 residency with Ambulatory Care focus is strongly encouraged or a minimum of three (3) years working under a drug therapy agreement in a clinical setting
- Board certification as a Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist or Board Certified Ambulatory Care Pharmacist is encouraged and required within 2 years of accepting the position
Your life at Community
You work hard to provide our patients with the exceptional care, and you deserve benefits to match. Community offers a unique employment package that encompasses not only your day-to-day job, but also your career.
You will have the opportunity to grow your career thanks to scholarships and tuition reimbursement from the Community Health Network Foundation, and receive recognition for your achievements.
Apply today for immediate consideration.