Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) - Community Hospital East
1500 North Ritter Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46219
The Clinical Nurse Specialist position is located in Indianapolis, IN and will be based at Community Hospital East.
The Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) provides expert, integrated supportive consultation services for the promotion of safety, cost-effective, quality patient care across the health continuum to providers, consumers and payers in the health care system through direct practice, education, research, provides clinical leadership in multiple and varied system-wide care initiatives.
Demonstrated expertise in the practice of nursing validated by five (5) years of current clinical practice and two years in an area of specialty practice.
Must be a graduate from an accredited school of nursing with a Master's Degree in Nursing
Currently licensed by category by the Health Professions Bureau in Indiana
- Articulates the roles and competencies of the clinical nurse specialist and how the various roles may be utilized in a health care system
- Must be able to function as an independent and interdependent member of the health care team
- Demonstrates an understanding of “systems thinking” and its role in planning services for an integrated continuum
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills related to communication and group process, conflict management, and negotiation
- Demonstrates an understanding of the nursing scope of practice, laws, and regulations that govern nursing practice in the State of Indiana as well as standards of practice and care established by national organizations
- Has a working knowledge of performance improvement
- Ability to mobilize freely within the Network
- Ability to sustain and promote the physical, mental, emotional, relational, and spiritual well being of self and customers
- Promotes an environment that facilitates innovation, creative solutions, and empowerment
- Ensures that decisions involve those who do and are affected by the work
- Demonstrates competency in leadership skills, work, and service
- Serves as coach, mentor, and positive role model
- Holds self and other leaders accountable to the highest standards
- Develops, implements, and manages operational activities to support the patient care needs while meeting the fiscal objectives of the Network
- Understands the model for nursing care delivery as defined by the nursing leadership structure and as it is implemented
CNS, Clinical Nurse Specialist
Ranked among the nation's most integrated healthcare systems, Community Health Network is guided by a simple mission: "Deeply committed to the communities we serve, we enhance health and well-being." We fulfill this mission by making exceptional health care easy to access, as well as by involving ourselves deeply in the well-being and quality of life of the communities that gave birth to our network nearly six decades ago. Our organization's values are represented by the acronym PRIIDE: Patients First, Relationships, Integrity, Innovations, Dedication, and Excellence. These values drive the work we do every day and the attitude we bring to every task.