3500 South LaFountain Street
Kokomo, IN 46902
The Chaplain position is located in Kokomo, Indiana.
- The Chaplain responds to requests and referrals for pastoral care services in a timely fashion.
- Makes spiritual assessments and provides appropriate interventions.
- Participates effectively with the staff as part of the multi-disciplinary health care team.
- Plans/conducts workshops and in-service programs for hospital staff as necessary.
- Develops relationships with staff which allow for the provision of support during times of high stress and crisis.
- Provides liaison and educational for community clergy.
- Facilitates therapy and/or support groups for patients or the community at large.
At least two years of full-time parish experience following ordination.
- Masters of Divinity; or its equivalent when the faith group does not require a Masters of Divinity from an accredited seminary
- 4 units of Clinical Pastoral Education required for full-time and part-time staff, 1 unit of Clinical Pastoral Education for PRN staff
Within one year from date of hire for full-time and part-time staff, certification by one of the following professional organizations is required:
The Association of Professional Chaplains, The Association of Clinical Pastoral Education, The American Association of Pastoral Counselors, or The National Association of Catholic Chaplains
- Ability to effectively interact with individuals of diverse backgrounds and in varying degrees of stress and need is essential
- Must possess a thorough expertise regarding provision of quality pastoral care to a variety of med/surg patients
- Must be able to budget time and energy appropriately and prioritize the demands of the workload
Chaplain, pastoral care
Ranked among the nation's most integrated healthcare systems, Community Health Network is Central Indiana's leader in providing convenient access to exceptional healthcare services, where and when patients need them – in hospitals, health pavilions and doctor's offices, as well as workplaces, schools and homes. Exceptional care, simply delivered.
Community is a non-profit health system that is deeply committed to the communities we serve with more than 200 sites of care and affiliates throughout Central Indiana. Guided by our PRIIDE Values – Patients First, Relationships, Integrity, Innovation, Dedication and Excellence – our team of caregivers is committed to providing an exceptional experience with every life we touch.