Certified Surgical Technologist
3500 South LaFountain Street
Kokomo, IN 46902
The Surgical Technician position is located in Kokomo, Indiana.
- Sets up room properly for surgical procedures, seeing that all necessary and requested equipment is available
- Ensures that PAR Levels in OR Suite are stocked and equipment is in working order
- Assumes responsibility for maintaining aseptic technique during surgical procedures, taking steps to correct breaks in technique as appropriate
- Scrubs on all types of operative procedures, providing assistance by passing instruments and sutures and generally anticipating the surgeon's needs and assisting him/her as necessary
- Is flexible in regard to scheduling and cooperates with legitimate requests
- Participates in call rotation as required
Graduation from recognized school for surgical technology, preferably with one year of current surgical technologist experience in operating room
Graduate from recognized school for surgical technology
Current surgical technology certification required
- Expertise in understanding aseptic principles
- Verbal and written communication skills critical
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to age of patients served
Ranked among the nation's most integrated healthcare systems, Community Health Network is Central Indiana's leader in providing convenient access to exceptional healthcare services, where and when patients need them – in hospitals, health pavilions and doctor's offices, as well as workplaces, schools and homes. Exceptional care, simply delivered.
Community is a non-profit health system that is deeply committed to the communities we serve with more than 200 sites of care and affiliates throughout Central Indiana. Guided by our PRIIDE Values – Patients First, Relationships, Integrity, Innovation, Dedication and Excellence – our team of caregivers is committed to providing an exceptional experience with every life we touch.