Certified Peer Recovery Specialist
Monday - Friday
The Certified Peer Recovery Specialist position is community based. New hire will travel between Community Hospital East and Community Hospital North.
- Under supervision, the CRS provides peer support services, serves as a consumer advocate, provides consumer information and peer support for consumers in community outpatient or inpatient settings
- The CRS performs a wide range of tasks to assist consumers engagement in treatment, in regaining control over their lives and recovery process; this individual will be involved with consumers and the interdisciplinary team in assessment, person-centered service planning, and culturally competent service delivery
Experience in a helping field preferred
High school diploma or GED equivalent
Indiana Community Health Worker/Certified Recovery Specialist - DMHA/FSSA
- Currently or formerly has been a consumer of behavioral health services
- Skilled at working one-on-one with adults living with a serious mental illness and or addiction and varying skills
- Able to work effectively independently and as part of a team, on site and out in the community
- Able to teach and model daily living skills
The Certified Recovery Specialist will model competence in recovery and coping and is willing to utilize his/her own story of recovery to assist consumers toward their own recovery goals. The certification must be from the Mental Health America and is approved by Division of Mental Health and Addiction, DMHA/FSSA.
Ranked among the nation's most integrated healthcare systems, Community Health Network is Central Indiana's leader in providing convenient access to exceptional healthcare services, where and when patients need them – in hospitals, health pavilions and doctor's offices, as well as workplaces, schools and homes. Exceptional care, simply delivered.
Community is a non-profit health system that is deeply committed to the communities we serve with more than 200 sites of care and affiliates throughout Central Indiana. Guided by our PRIIDE Values – Patients First, Relationships, Integrity, Innovation, Dedication and Excellence – our team of caregivers is committed to providing an exceptional experience with every life we touch.