1500 North Ritter Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46219
Certified Cancer Registrar (CTR)
Full – time day shift position
Join our community
Community Health Network has an excellent opportunity available within our Tumor Registry team. If you are looking for challenging work and meaningful advancement, then you should consider a career with Community.
Where you fit in
• The Certified Cancer Registrars will be responsible for case finding
• Abstracting and follow-up on all cancer patients diagnosed and/or treated within the Network
• Registrars will actively participate in the compliance requirements to maintain the American College of Surgeons’ Commission on Cancer accreditation
• CTR’s will supervise the work of non-credentialed Cancer Registrars
Your exceptional skills
• Possess excellent customer service skills
• Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology
• Ability to establish rapport with physicians, their office staff, other healthcare facilities and personnel
• Ability to interpret results of surgical/diagnostic procedures including lab, x-ray, pathology, cytology and flow cytometry
• Knowledge of or ability with computer skills and to operate printer, copier, fax machine and overhead projector
• Good organizational skills, detail oriented, effective oral and written communication skills, strong computer skills (power point, word, excel, internet, etc.)
Your exceptional qualifications
• Associates Degree or equivalent or completion of a NCRA – Accredited formal education degree
• Must be a certified tumor registrar/ cancer registry experience required.
• Health provider and/ or oncology and/ or medical record background helpful.
Travel to the North and South facilities required.
Your life with Community
You work hard to provide our patients with the exceptional care, and you deserve benefits to match. Community offers a unique employment package that encompasses not only your day-to-day job, but also your career.
You will have the opportunity to grow your career thanks to scholarships a