Behavioral Health Triage Clinician
3 nights/week, 36 hours/week
The Behavioral Health Triage Clinician is located on the north side on Indianapolis, Indiana. The building is located on Community Hospital North’s campus.
- The Behavioral Health Triage Clinician assists in the coordination and care of patients seeking behavioral health services
- Essential function is to determine the nature and severity of the mental health problem and determine which level of care would best meet the needs of the patient and connect/refer them accordingly
- 1-2 years of experience with mentally ill or chemically dependent populations preferred
- Knowledge of local resources for behavioral health treatment preferred
- Experience in crisis triage and risk assessment preferred
Bachelor’s degree in Human Service related field preferred.
- Problem solving abilities/good judgment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Effective communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Auditory skills to hear reporting by clients of their problems
- Ability to verbally de-escalate violent /disruptive behavior
- Diplomacy, tact, patience needed in dealing with those in acute distress or suffering from serious mental illness
New hire will work 3 nights/week, Wednesday, Thursday,
and Friday from 7:00pm – 7:00am, 36 hours/week.
Ranked among the nation's most integrated healthcare systems, Community Health Network is Central Indiana's leader in providing convenient access to exceptional healthcare services, where and when patients need them – in hospitals, health pavilions and doctor's offices, as well as workplaces, schools and homes. Exceptional care, simply delivered.
Community is a non-profit health system that is deeply committed to the communities we serve with more than 200 sites of care and affiliates throughout Central Indiana. Guided by our PRIIDE Values – Patients First, Relationships, Integrity, Innovation, Dedication and Excellence – our team of caregivers is committed to providing an exceptional experience with every life we touch.