History of Community Hospital South
- Medico Environs, now Community Hospital South, opened for patient care.
- Medico Environs became University Heights Hospital in 1963.
- Ground was broken for the new site of University Heights Hospital.
- University Heights Hospital became Community Hospital South.
- The family rooms opened at Community South, joining Community Hospital North in offering LDRP (labor, delivery, recovery, postpartum) rooms.
- Community South expanded its cardiovascular services. The expansion included adding a recovery room, research space and a Healthy Hearts Center.
- Emergency department expansion opened, featuring a re-designed front entrance and a 19,000-square-foot addition including 16 more private patient rooms, all-private triage rooms and an expanded waiting area.
- New ER receives certification for "green" design by the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Green Building Rating System, coordinated by the U.S. Green Building Council.
- Groundbreaking ceremony held for the Next Evolution of Community Hospital South, a $130 million expansion.