A wound center team you can trust.
Let our multi-disciplinary team help you develop effective wound care treatment plans for your patients. Community Westview Hospital's Advanced Wound Center, provides expert assessment and management of all types of chronic wounds. Our physicians are dedicated to caring for people with wounds that have resisted healing. Our unique multidisciplinary wound care team develops individualized care plans for each patient, which includes the following:
- When the patient first comes in, our wound center team will evaluate the patient’s wound and his or her general health. They will also review the patient’s medical history.
- Some initial tests may be completed for the patient. When the test results are in, our team will put together a care plan based on the patient’s special needs. The care plan will include regular visits to the Advanced Wound Center to provide treatment, evaluate progress and make any changes that might be needed.
- Treatment may include the basics of medical and surgical care combined with the most advanced wound care technologies.
- The patient’s care plan also provides for communications - a true health care partnership. Our staff works hard to keep the patient, family and physician involved and informed.
- The patient’s care plan provides a continuum of care - from diagnostic to treatment and throughout rehabilitation. The patient (or caregiver) will be given detailed instructions in home care, dressing (bandage) changes and protecting the wound from further injury.
- We don’t just treat the wound - we care for the whole person, providing hope, health and healing.
Types of wounds we treat
- Arterial ulcers
- Complex soft tissue wounds
- Diabetic foot care
- Diabetic wounds
- Illnesses that will benefit from hyperbaric treatment
- Infected wounds
- Non-healing surgical wounds
- Pressure ulcers
- Soft tissue damage
- Traumatic wounds
- Vasculitic ulcers
- Venous stasis ulcers
What we provide
- Early and effective treatment to minimize complications and hospitalizations.
- Care for a variety of medical conditions, including diabetes and poor circulation.
- Expert assessment and management of all types of chronic wounds.
- A multi-disciplinary approach to care: board-certified specialty physicians, surgeons, nurse practitioners, physical and occupational therapists and registered dietitians.
- A nursing staff that offers years of experience as certified wound care specialists.
We receive patients from all across the state of Indiana. Why? Because we are the wound center specialists that physicians trust to care for their patients. We are a team of wound center experts offering specialized and effective care for wounds that have resisted traditional treatments. We combine the traditional spirit of healing with wound knowledge, technology and therapeutic skills. Meet our physicians >>
Community Westview Hospital building
3520 Guion Rd., Suite 100
Indianapolis, IN 46222
Download the Advanced Wound Center brochure >>