Let Wellspring help you protect yourself and your loved ones!
Wellspring Pharmacists are certified to offer immunizations to adults (18 ) and children ages 11-17 with a legal guardian present.
Wellspring does bill insurance for immunizations! If an administration fee is covered by prescription insurance, it will be billed appropriately. For cash customers, Wellspring charges an administration fee of $25 per vaccine (max of $50 out of pocket), plus the cost of each immunization.
Please call your preferred Wellspring for availability and to schedule an appointment. Find a Wellspring Pharmacy >>
Along with walk-in flu clinics, Wellspring Pharmacy offers the following common immunizations by appointment. These are covered by most insurances. If there is any cost, it will be determined before your appointment. Some of the common immunizations offered are:
- Hepatitis A—You need this vaccine if you have a specific risk factor for hepatitis A virus infection* or you simply wish to be protected from this disease. Given as a 2-dose series.
- Hepatitis B—You need this vaccine if you have a specific risk factor for hepatitis B virus infection* or you simply wish to be protected from this disease. Given as a 3-dose series.
- Hepatitis A and Hepatitis B combined—Given as a 3-dose series.
- HPV-2—Given as a 3-dose series. (females only)
- HPV-4—Given as a 3-dose series.
- HPV-9—Given as a 3-dose series.
- MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella Booster)—You need at least 1 dose of MMR if you were born in 1957 or later. You may also need a 2nd dose.*
- Meningococcal (Meningitis)—Young adults going to college who plan to live in a dormitory need to get vaccinated against meningococcal disease. People with certain medical conditions should also receive this vaccine.*
- PCV-23 (Pneumococcal Polysaccharide)—Reduce your risk of serious illness such as pneumonia caused by pneumococcus. 1 or 2 doses.*
- PCV-13 (Pneumococcal Conjugate)—Reduce your risk of serious illness such as pneumonia caused by pneumococcus. 1 dose.*
- Rabies—Given as a 3-dose series.
- Td (Tetanus and Diphtheria)—Every 10 years
- Tdap (Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis)—Substitute 1 dose of Tdap for Td booster (one time only) 1 dose with each pregnancy.
- Tetanus Pertussis Booster—All adults who have close contact with young children.
- Typhoid (IM or oral)—You may need this if traveling to certain foreign countries.
- Zostavax (Shingles)—Age restrictions apply.
This list is not exhaustive. Other immunizations are available. Please call your preferred Wellspring location to check availability. Note: Wellspring cannot administer yellow fever vaccines.
*Consult your healthcare provider to determine your level of risk for infection and your need for this vaccine.
Travel vaccine tips
- Appointments must be made at least six to eight weeks in advance.
- We can vaccinate children as young as 11 years old. A parent or guardian must be present.
- Special accommodations can be made for groups of 10 or more.
- The pharmacist checks insurance coverage prior to vaccination appointment.
E-mail questions to jredmond@eCommunity.com
The to-do list before international travel can be daunting. Along with your other preparations, you may need to be immunized against local health threats or receive boosters to ensure the full effectiveness of vaccines you already have. Let the team at Wellspring help!
The most important thing to do when getting travel vaccinations is to plan ahead, since some vaccines need time to become fully effective. If you are not sure where to start, Wellspring offers a $60 pre-travel consultation with a pharmacist to:
- Review your itinerary and assess your vaccination needs.
- Contact your physician to request prescriptions for the recommended vaccinations.
- Counsel and provide helpful tips on food and water safety, and avoiding mosquito bites.
Wellspring does bill insurance for vaccinations! If an administration fee is covered by prescription insurance, it will be billed appropriately. For cash customers, Wellspring charges an administration fee of $25 per vaccine (max of $50 out of pocket), plus the cost of each vaccination.
Wellspring cannot administer yellow fever vaccines. Learn more about travel vaccines at CDC travel destinations.
Appointments and travel questionnaire
Please print and fill out the Wellspring Travel Questionnaire. Return the completed form by fax to Janet Redmond at 317-621-7669 or email to jredmond@eCommunity.com. One of our travel health pharmacists will contact you within 3 days of receiving your completed form.
If you have questions, or would like to make an appointment, please contact Janet Redmond at 317-621-6154 or jredmond@eCommunity.com. Appointments must be made at least six to eight weeks in advance.
Consultations and administering of vaccines are done at various Wellspring Pharmacy locations, determined by you and the pharmacist.