Community Hospital South
1402 E. County Line Road South
Indianapolis, IN 46227
Contact: Katy Stallings
Ongoing volunteer opportunities
- Angels on the Units—Provide assistance to patients and their families, clinical staff and physicians on nursing units.
- Emergency Department—Provide assistance with reception duties, initial rooming of patients, escorting patients and families throughout hospital, and assisting clinical staff with room supplies and preparation for patients.
- Cardiac Center—Provide assistance with reception duties, provide directions to patients, and assist with check-in and transportation.
- Center for Joint Health—Serve as coach for patients during physical therapy treatment, provide assistance to staff with maintaining materials, supplies, room and therapy preparation.
- Cancer Center—Provide assistance to patients and families by escorting to treatment areas, transporting patients, and providing information to patients, families and guests.
- Reception areas—Serve as initial contact and information for incoming patients, visitors and guests. Escort patients to treatment areas, patient rooms and throughout the hospital.
- Clerical—Many areas of Community South are in need of volunteers to assist them on a regular basis with office work, such as filing, copying, posting and typing.
- Pet therapy—For individuals with Certified Pet Therapy dogs.
- Crafts/sewing—Community Hospital South has several ongoing projects both within the hospital and outside in our local community.
- Bimonthly Sewing Days onsite at Community South
- At-home craft projects for babies, pediatric patients, joint replacement patients and cancer patients
- The Needle Network—Knitting, crocheting, and looming items for our cancer patients.
- Crochet mats for the homeless within our local community.
An expanded list of volunteer positions will be provided during your interview. Learn more about Community Hospital South.