When maternity services opened on Community Hospital North over twenty years ago, Community Health Network pioneered the concept of staying in one suite during the entire stay—one room for labor, delivery, recovery and postpartum, or LDRP—for the birth of a baby instead of giving birth in one room and then moving to another smaller room.
Mothers and families tell us they love never having to move from their large, comfortable rooms. They love not having to pack up once the baby is born to move to a smaller “hospital” room. They love a complete birthing experience shared with the same nursing staff who know them. We set the standard with the nation’s largest collection of single room maternity guest suites.
Learn more about maternity suites at our hospitals below.
The maternity suites at Community Hospital North offer comfort, privacy and a personalized experience:
- Advanced, comfortable services for new mothers and children
- A place for mothers to be pampered, the feeling of a luxurious spa and the safety of advanced care
- 60 private maternity guest suites, comfortable but intimate “suites in a suite” with wireless Internet, refrigerators, microwave ovens and two televisions
- Equipment hidden when not needed
- An abundance of natural light with solariums, magnificent windows, four-story atriums and a garden/solarium so moms and families can enjoy fresh air and sunshine while still within monitoring range
- Individualized birth experiences from natural to c-section
- Some suites designed for unmedicated, low-intervention births
- Instructions for the day of the birth
- On-unit whirlpools
- Birthing tubs for the water birth experience
- Cesarean Section Surgery Suite on unit
- 24 hour on site anesthesia/epidural
- Lactation consultants
- Breast pump rental and purchase program
- And more!
Learn more about Community Hospital Anderson >>