Wound Care Clinic
If you have a wound that won't heal, you are not alone. As many as 5 million Americans experience this condition. The good news is that you no longer have to suffer.
What causes non-healing wounds?
The Wound Clinic of Community Howard Regional Health provides treatment for chronic or non-healing wounds. These time-tested and clinically proven treatments realize outstanding results.
Chronic and non-healing wounds can result from a number of factors, including diabetes, poor circulation, trauma, surgery, vascular disease and immobility (which can lead to pressure ulcers, commonly known as bed sores). People with diabetes are at particular risk. The Wound Clinic not only uses among the most advanced therapies available for healing, but it also addresses the underlying cause of the wound (for example, nutrition, lack of exercise, hygiene, ill-fitting shoes) to help eliminate recurrence.
Why is wound care important?
Sores or wounds that do not get significantly better during conventional treatment can cause health risks and may result in life-threatening infections -- possible amputation and debilitating health problems.
Are you a candidate?
If you have a sore or wound that hasn’t started to get significantly better in a month or healed entirely in two months, ask your doctor about our Wound Clinic outpatient program. If you are a candidate, the Wound Clinic will work with you and your doctor to provide:
- Advanced therapies.
- Proven clinical protocols.
- An individualized, comprehensive plan of care that brings you the most appropriate and effective treatments for your particular needs.
- Assessment and ongoing care by our highly skilled team of wound care specialists, including a case manager who will oversee every aspect of your case.
- Thorough training for you and your family on caring for the wound at home.
- Education materials and resources related to prevention, nutrition, hygiene and other key topics for you and your family.
- Ongoing communication so that you and your doctor stay informed and up-to-date on all aspects of your healing.
It is not necessary to have a physician referral to come to the Wound Clinic and unlike many wound care centers, you will always be seen by a physician.
Frequently asked questions >>
Community Howard Wound Clinic
408 East Southway Boulevard
Kokomo, Indiana 46902