Community Health Network Foundation would be delighted to provide you and your legal and financial counsel detailed financial illustrations, sample legal forms and answers to any questions about the tax and many other benefits of these attractive planned giving options that also support the Foundation’s important health care mission. To discuss making a bequest, or for assistance in your planning legacy, please call us at 317-355-GIVE (4483).
- Charitable Bequests - One of the most important—and easiest—ways to support our health care mission, you may designate for Community Health Network Foundation a percentage of your estate’s assets, a specific dollar amount or specific property in your will or living trust. Your gift is revocable and does not require any current financial commitment. The amount given to Community Health Network Foundation will not be subject to federal estate tax.
- Retirement Plans - You may designate Community Health Network Foundation as the sole or partial beneficiary of your IRA, 401(k), deferred compensation or other pension plans at the time of your passing. Retirement plans are included in an individual’s estate for federal estate tax purposes as well as taxed as income to your beneficiaries. By designating a portion or all of your retirement plan(s) to Community Health Network Foundation at the time of death, you may avoid this double taxation on these assets. You may even qualify to gift your retirement to the Foundation during your lifetime.
- Life Insurance Gift - You may gift an existing or new life insurance policy to Community Health Network Foundation by naming the institution as the owner and/or beneficiary. You will receive an income tax deduction if Community Health Network Foundation is named the owner of your policy. Gifts made to assist with future premium payments are also tax deductible.
- Charitable Gift Annuity - A charitable gift annuity is a contract that provides a fixed payment of income to you or others designated by you for your or their lifetimes. You make an irrevocable gift of cash, stock or other assets to Community Health Network Foundation, and we in turn make lifetime payments based on the ages of the annuitants and the amount of your gift. The payout rate is excellent, a portion of each payment is tax-free, you receive a charitable tax deduction, escape capital gains tax and Community Health Network Foundation will receive the balance of your annuity at death.
- Charitable Remainder Trust - A charitable remainder trust (CRT) is another option that would increase your current income. You may donate cash, securities or other assets to a CRT during your life or from your estate that will pay income to you and/or other beneficiaries for lifetime(s) or for a term of years. At the end of the trust term, Community Health Network Foundation would receive the remaining assets from the trust. A CRT will not only increase available income to you but will also provide a significant income tax charitable deduction as well as escape capital gains and estate tax.
- Charitable Lead Trust - A charitable lead trust (CLT) allows you to provide an inheritance for your heirs at significantly reduced gift/estate tax cost, while making a sizeable charitable gift to Community Health Network Foundation. You would transfer assets to a CLT during your lifetime or at death and Community Health Network Foundation would receive the income from the trust for a term of years that you specify. At the end of the term, your heirs receive the principal.
- Remainder Interest in a Personal Residence - You may retain the right to live on or use a personal residence (primary home, vacation residence, etc.) or farm for your lifetime, with the property being donated to Community Health Network Foundation immediately at your passing. You will receive an immediate income tax charitable deduction as well as a reduction in potential estate tax. The property passes to Community Health Network Foundation without probate and other fees. An agreement between you and Community Health Network Foundation will specify responsibility for property taxes, insurance coverage, maintenance and options in the event you no longer wish to live in or use the property.
Terms and definitions provided by our planned giving partners at Heaton Smth Group, LLC
Including Community in your will and estate plans
You can include Community in your will and estate plans with a gift supporting our mission to enhance health and well being in central Indiana. We gladly accept gifts of will bequests, life insurance and retirement plan assets.
Legal information: Community Health Network Foundation, Inc. is a not-for-profit organization with principal offices located at 7240 Shadeland Station, Suite 125, Indianapolis, IN 46256. Our tax ID number is 51-0181688.
You may designate a certain amount or percentage of your estate, particular assets, or the remainder of your estate after providing for heirs. To discuss making a bequest, or for assistance in your planning legacy, please call us at 317-355-GIVE (4483).