Diet and nutrition services
Make smart eating choices on the road
Try these resources from registered dietitians for fast food suggestions and healthy meal ideas.
You know how important diet can be to your health. Often, such as with diabetes, cancer, heart disease and many other medical issues, proper nutrition is an essential component of your care. In addition, good nutrition can help prevent disease, improve immunity and reduce the need for certain medications.
Whether it's one-time consultation or ongoing counseling for complex situations, Community's diet and nutrition services dietitians work with you to provide the education and support that is right for you and your nutritional needs.
Services we provide
Community dietitians support your medical care with:
- Diabetes education, including gestational diabetes
- Lipid management education
- Pediatric nutrition services
- Enteral and parenteral nutrition education
- Weight management for adults and children
- Disease-specific diets (such as for kidney disease, gastrointestinal problems, polycystic ovarian syndrome, celiac disease, cancer, etc.)
- Food allergy counseling
- Eating disorder therapy
- Pregnancy nutrition counseling
Make an appointment
Whether you're a new or existing patient seeking a consultation or appointment with a dietitian at Community Hospital North, East or South, you must call Centralized Scheduling at 317-355-4680 to set up an appointment. More contact information >>
WE CAN!™ Child and adolescent weight management program
At Community Health Network, we are committed to keeping families in the best health possible by promoting good lifestyle habits from an early age.
- WE CAN! is a science-based national education program from the National Institutes of Health.
- WE CAN! at Community Health Network is led by registered dietitians and exercise therapists.
- WE CAN! participants learn to build a fun, active life by focusing on healthy food choices, increased physical activity and decreased screen time.
- WE CAN! is a family approach. The whole family forms new healthy habits they can practice together - for a lifetime.
Whether your goal is to lose some weight, to become more active as a family, or to take a proactive step against childhood obesity, WE CAN! is a positive and effective program for all parents and their children ages 6 to 16.
To learn more about the program and to register for a class near you, please contact our outpatient dietitian office at 317-621-2840 or visit wecan.nhlbi.nih.gov.