When it comes to caring for kids, our patients have come to expect the exceptional treatment Community Hospital North provides. The pediatric unit was designed by kids and their parents, as well as doctors and nurses, combining the most advanced technology and highest level of clinical care with the special health and healing needs of children.
Children told us how we could make their time at the hospital more comfortable. Our doctors and nurses provided insight into the latest treatment and technology. And parents told us that they wanted to maintain some family normalcy while having a child in the hospital and helped us identify how we could help.
Our pediatric unit houses 22 private and spacious family suites, so when a child needs care there's a comfortable place for mom and dad, too. Our suites are child friendly, while advanced technology and specialized doctors and staff are always close by. The suites are specifically designed to help restore the child's health, by including space for family members, activities and some of the comforts of home.
Floor 1 | Floor maps >>
- The 22 private and spacious family suites are on the first floor, near emergency services
- Child-friendly while technically advanced, the suites are designed to help families support each other and work to restore child's health.
- Comfortable parent sleeping spaces available within each child's suite—also wireless Internet, parent work area, child diversion games and refrigerator.
- A creative treasure hunt design theme encourages children to walk and get well.
- Suites are available for short stays.
- The treatment area is away from the family suite.
- Parents can relax in the parent lounge.
- The high-tech security system ensures safety.
- Two pediatric sleep study rooms provide monitoring for children with sleep disorders, including EEG video seizure monitoring.
- A pediatric hospitalist is available to provide round-the-clock care for patients on the pediatric unit.
- Our emergency physicians are board-certified and pediatric-experienced.
- We offer doctors with expertise in pediatric neurologic, orthopedic and endocrinologic problems, among others.