Designed to be exceptionally sensitive to the needs of infants who need extra care, the private suites for babies in our neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) are technologically advanced and comfortable, with ample space for families. Community North’s NICU provides advanced, private-room care, with neonatologists and other specialty physicians onsite around the clock.
Neonatal Intensive Care Suites
- 36 large, private, developmentally-friendly neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) suites designed for advanced care and bonding with parents
- Special suites for multiples
- Sibling play room
- Six private suites for parents
- Neonatologists/specialty physicians on site 24/7
- The most advanced monitoring and communications system available—computerized light, heat, humidity and noise controls in the NICU reduce stress and enhance infant biological rhythms.
- Ample room in suites for families so they can be active in baby’s care
- Individual breast milk refrigerators/freezers
- Outside hospital environment designed to reduce noise
Milk bank depot provides milk to NICU infants
Community Hospital North is home to an Indiana Mothers' Milk Bank milk depot. Breast milk donors can now drop off their milk at this location. When a mothers' own milk is not available, pasteurized donor human milk is dispersed by prescription or hospital order primarily to premature infants in hospital neonatal intensive care units.
Learn more about how to donate at eCommunity.com/ob or visit themilkbank.org/donate.