Excellence in hip and knee care
Community Hospitals North and East are two of six hospitals in Indiana certified in total hip and total knee replacement by The Joint Commission, demonstrating our continued commitment to providing safe, high-quality joint care and treatment.
The Center for Joint Health in Indianapolis, Indiana, is a dedicated unit for hip and knee joint replacement patients that focuses on the entire patient experience. The goal is to help patients get back to doing the things they enjoyed before being sidelined by joint pain.
Patients admitted to the Center for Joint Health unit are healthy, but have knee pain or hip pain. These patients are motivated to participate in their recovery and get back to an active life, free of pain. The Center for Joint Health allows patients to work together and support each other as they build strength, mobility, and a better quality of life.
Joint Pain 101
End your joint pain in 2014.
Is hip, knee or shoulder pain keeping you from doing the things you love? Is the pain keeping you from getting a good night’s sleep? Does it affect the way you walk or limit the things you can reach or carry?
If you're affected by hip, knee or shoulder joint pain, please join us at a free joint pain class, taught by orthopedic team members. Learn more >>
Need an orthopedic specialist? Let us help.
Community Physician Network’s board-certified orthopedic surgeons provide excellent orthopedic care for everything from back and neck pain to sports medicine injuries. With many convenient locations throughout Central Indiana it's easy to see us. To meet the orthopedic doctors and make an appointment, visit www.CommunityOrthoCare.com.
Direct anterior approach to hip replacement
Center for Joint Health medical director and orthopedic surgeon George Feliciano, M.D., and patient Richard Pfeiffer, discuss the benefits of the direct anterior approach to hip replacement, including the minimally-invasive technique and faster recovery time.
Joint Health: Easing the Pain
As we get older, so do our joints. But as Fox59's Angela Ganote reports, more patients are looking for ways to ease the pain.
In this Health Key segment, Center for Joint Health medical director and orthopedic surgeon Edward Todderud, M.D. discusses joint health and joint surgery at the Center for Joint Health.
Center for Joint Health features
- Specialized unit dedicated to patients having knee or hip joint replacement surgery
- Experienced and skilled orthopedic surgeons using advanced, minimally-invasive surgical techniques
- Dedicated Joint Care Coordinator who manages patient care and discharge
- Staff who specialize in the care of patients having total joint replacement surgery
- Positive and motivating wellness environment
- Complete educational program with patient guidebook
- Family and friends serve as “coaches”
- Individual and group physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Lunches with coaches and staff
- Daily activities newsletter
- Complete after-care support program
- Reunion gatherings with former patients
- Spacious and comfortable private patient rooms
- Attractive and relaxing activities rooms
- Free educational seminars about joint pain and joint replacement surgery
- 24-hour room service
- Pet therapy
- Free valet parking
- Free concierge service