An unparalleled model of maternity care
Community Hospital North’s 60-bed maternity department is one of nation’s largest maternity units of its kind – with single-room care from labor through birth through the rest of the mom’s stay, and no need to move from one room to another.
This year nearly 3,500 babies will take their first breaths at Community North. Most of these births will be normal deliveries with healthy moms and babies, but if they’re not, Community has the resources to care for them, all under one roof. The maternal-fetal medicine team offers specialized care for mothers and babies at high risk, and there’s a full complement of pediatric specialists – surgery, gastrointestinal, neurology, development, anesthesia, hospitalists and neonatologists.
Maternity suites (Floors 4 and 5 | Download floor maps)
Our maternity suites offer comfort, privacy and a personalized experience:
- Advanced, comfortable services for new mothers and children
- State-of-the-art baby nursery with "starry night" ceiling
- A place for mothers to be pampered, the feeling of a luxurious spa and the safety of advanced care
- 60 private maternity guest suites, comfortable but intimate “suites in a suite” with wireless Internet, refrigerators, microwave ovens and two televisions
- Equipment hidden when not needed
- An abundance of natural light with solariums, magnificent windows, four-story atriums and a garden/solarium so moms and families can enjoy fresh air and sunshine while still within monitoring range
- Individualized birth experiences from natural to c-section
- Some suites designed for unmedicated, low-intervention births
High-risk pregnancy care
Should pregnancy complications arise, you can rest assured knowing that our maternal-fetal medicine program is located at Community Hospital North. It is staffed by physicians with additional fellowship training in high-risk obstetrics. For more information, please visit www.maternalfetalmed.com.