Welcome to The Next Evolution
The new Community North is unlike the traditional hospital. What makes it so different is the level of innovation that lives in every detail. From the big ideas—such as organizing the building so patients are never lost or confused—to the seemingly little things, such how beds sit in the guest suites to protect privacy.
How does the new Community North represent the next evolution in health care?
- New six-story patient tower and a new front entry added to Community North, as well as a complete renovation of existing buildings.
- More than doubles the size of Community Hospital North, adding more than 850,000 square feet.
- 282 private patient guest suites, with room for 48 more suites in the future.
- Largest collection of private labor and delivery suites (60 beds) in the country.
- Neonatal intensive care unit with private rooms.
- Consolidated outpatient services, emergency services, pediatric suites and observation rooms on first floor.
- 48 private inpatient surgical care suites on the second floor.
- Preoperative clinic to help patients prepare for surgery.
- Third floor shelled in for future growth.
- New five-story professional office building connected to the hospital.
- New six-story parking tower connected to the hospital and professional office building.
- Will create about 540 technology and nursing jobs.
- Funded by $170 million tax-exempt bonds and philanthropy.
We're growing just like Lawrence, Geist, Fishers, Carmel, Noblesville, McCordsville, Zionsville and Fortville
Our North campus is growing rapidly right along with our neighbors. In just the last four years, our campus has seen:
- Births grow by more than four percent.
- Emergency visits grow by almost 9.5 percent.
- Inpatient hospital admissions grow by nearly seven percent.
Overall, we have 2,500 employees and 950 physicians. In fact, we provide care more than 322,000 times per year—that's an average of nearly 1,000 patients per day, every day.
A welcome and welcoming addition
It's not just a new addition. It's a new addition in the philosophy of patient care. We've been creating patient care innovations since we opened our doors at Community Hospital East nearly 50 years ago. And, once this new construction is finished, we'll move on to renovate all of our hospital buildings.
Come visit us at the new Community Hospital North and see all that our expanded campus has to offer:
- New six-story patient tower and a new front entry added to Community North, as well as a complete renovation of existing buildings
- New five-story professional office building connected to the hospital
The entry to Community North graciously welcomes our guests.
- Easy to park, find services and register.
- Bright, open gallery area with chapel, health boutique, gift shop, pharmacy and Starbucks.
- Private registration and billing areas.
- Relaxing café just off the gallery.
- Room service provided for inpatients who need a meal (with the exception of behavioral care patients).
- Private rooms for every surgical patient both before surgery and for recovery.
- Eight large, ultra-modern surgical suites that make scheduling easy.
- Comfortable waiting areas for families with wireless Internet.
- Innovative technology and design throughout that was developed by doctors, nurses and patients:
- Electronic medical records
- Digital imaging
- Computers near patient rooms; staff can see patients while updating records
- Internet access for patients and families
- Express elevators from emergency to critical care