Indianapolis, IN---Community Health Network will bring a comprehensive and integrated approach to cancer care and treatment in the South Central Indiana market, when it opens the new Community Regional Cancer Center-South on the campus of Community Hospital South in the fall of 2013. Community Health Network leaders broke ground for the new center today, beginning a strategic focus of regional growth for the network.
“Establishing a comprehensive, multi-disciplinary cancer presence at Community Hospital South, with a broader set of cancer treatment options, provides a critical opportunity for Community,” said Bryan Mills, president and CEO of Community Health Network. “With a larger geographic footprint, we will improve patient access to innovative treatments and combine that with the consistency of high-quality care delivered across sites of service.”
The new $24 million, 65,000 square foot facility will include:
- Three-stories dedicated to patient treatment, group support and physician offices
- Treatment areas for radiation oncology, medical oncology, pharmacy and a laboratory
- A welcoming lobby and waiting areas for patients, families and visitors
- A dedicated entrance to the first floor cancer center, with a separate entry for physician offices located on floors two and three
- A separate entrance for patients arriving by ambulance, as well as access to a mobile PET/CT (Positron Emission Tomography and Computed Tomography) scanning unit
- A healing garden where patients, families and visitors can gather, relax and recover
- Room for future growth
"This new cancer center begins our strategic regional growth in the field of cancer care and treatments,” said Tony Lennen, president of Community Hospital South. “We intend to have physician-led and inspired systems of care here, with unrivaled levels of clinical quality and service. Our success will come in our ability to manage the overall health and well-being of our patients throughout the continuum of care.”
The architect for the project is BSA Life Structures.
About Community Health Network
Ranked among the nation’s most integrated healthcare systems, Community Health Network is Central Indiana’s leader in providing convenient access to exceptional healthcare services, where and when patients need them—in hospitals, health pavilions and doctor’s offices, as well as workplaces, schools and homes. As a non-profit health system with over 200 sites of care and affiliates throughout Central Indiana, Community’s full continuum of care integrates hundreds of physicians, specialty and acute care hospitals, surgery centers, home care services, MedChecks, behavioral health and employer health services. To learn more, visit eCommunity.com or call 800-777-7775.