Health Tip: Help Tame Rosacea Flares
(HealthDay News) -- The heat of a barbecue grill can make rosacea flare, but taking a few precautions can help you tame symptoms.
The National Rosacea Society offers these suggestions:
- Try not to stand right in front of the grill. Use long-handled tongs and spatulas.
- Avoid marinades (which may contain ingredients that can irritate skin), and use herbs and spices to season meat. Or cook with hickory or mesquite wood chips.
- Stay cool by chewing ice chips, spraying your skin with cool mist from a water bottle, or keeping a cold, wet towel around your neck.
- Protect yourself from the sun with a wide-brimmed hat.
- Wear sunscreen and take rosacea medication as directed by your doctor.
- Ask someone else to grill, if possible.
-- Diana Kohnle
Health News Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.