Health Tip: Check for Ticks
(HealthDay News) -- Ticks can spread Lyme disease and other germs that can make you sick, so it's important to take measures to help prevent tick bites.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention offers this advice:
- Within two hours of coming inside, take a bath or shower.
- Use a hand mirror to thoroughly check yourself from head to toe.
- Carefully check children for ticks, looking in the ears, hair, underarms, in the belly button, between the legs, behind the knees and around the waist.
- Check any clothing and gear, as well as pets.
- Put clothing in the dryer on the hot setting for an hour to kill ticks that may have lingered.
-- Diana Kohnle
Health News Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.