Health Tip: Common Food Safety Mistakes
(HealthDay News) -- Making sure food is safe isn't just good practice, it can keep you from getting sick.
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services offers these suggestions on the agency's foodsafety.gov website:
- Don't taste milk to see if it's gone bad.
- Don't put cooked meat back on the same plate that held the meat when raw.
- Don't wash meat, poultry or eggs.
- Don't eat food that contains raw egg, including raw cookie dough.
- Don't put marinade that was used on raw meat on cooked food.
- Don't undercook meat, poultry or eggs.
- Don't skip washing your hands thoroughly.
-- Diana Kohnle
Health News Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.