Health Tip: Don't Smoke for a Better Smile
(HealthDay News) -- For people who smoke or are tempted to begin lighting up, consider what smoking can do to your smile.
The mouthhealthy.org website mentions these potential harms:
- Staining of the teeth and tongue.
- Decreasing sensitivity to taste and smell.
- Declining ability to heal after any oral surgery or procedure.
- Increasing risk of tooth loss and gum disease.
- Increasing risk of oral cancer.
-- Diana Kohnle
Health News Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.