Hook Rehabilitation Center
Coming soon! New rehabilitation hospital at Community Hospital North
On June 7, 2012, Community Health Network broke ground on a $23 million, 63,000 square foot, state-of-the-art rehabilitation hospital on the campus of Community Hospital North. In a joint venture with Centerre Healthcare, Community Rehabilitation Hospital will offer some of the most innovative treatments for neurological conditions and brain injuries in Indiana. Full story >> | More photos on Facebook >>
Hook Rehabilitation Center, located in Indianapolis, Indiana, offers comprehensive acute inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation programs dedicated to providing for the rehab needs of individuals who sustain physical and cognitive disabilities related to brain injury, stroke, spinal cord injury, neuromuscular diseases, orthopedics, amputations and related disorders. We help people achieve their highest level of success and support them in returning to their family and community.
The Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) accredits Hook Rehabilitation Center for comprehensive rehabilitation in both inpatient and outpatient settings. Hook has also received special designation from CARF for the following rehab programs: brain injury rehab for adolescents and adults and stroke rehab for adolescents and adults.
Hook Rehab once again achieved the highest level of CARF accreditation in May 2011. All of Hook's rehabilitation programs met the stringent requirements necessary to receive this designation of superior quality of care.
To arrange a visit and tour, or for additional information about Hook Rehabilitation Center, please contact us.
What makes Hook Rehabilitation unique?
Concussion evaluation clinic
Hook has established a clinic to provide neuropsychological evaluation following a concussion, particularly for athletes. Evaluations are useful in determining whether a patient can return to sports, school/work recommendations, need for other therapy, and more. Learn more >>
- Hook Rehabilitation Center was the first and only facility in the country to launch a Cognitive Rehabilitation Therapy Program in the early 1980s. We have built on these pioneering efforts, remaining home to the most comprehensive neurobehavioral continuum of care for rehabilitation of persons with acquired brain injury in Indiana.
- Daily onsite involvement of clinical psychologists and neuropsychologists as leaders of the treatment teams for cognitive and behavioral impairment.
- A holistic approach to care, with treatment based on the patient and family's physical, social and emotional needs.
- Intensive therapy is reinforced through day-to-day activity.
- Team-focused rehabilitation is used for each individual's care.
- Success is applauded and celebrated as patients return to their family and community life.
- Multiple staff members with more than 20 years of experience in treating people with neurological disorders associated with stroke, brain or spinal cord injury, aging, orthopedic injuries and more.
- Nineteen staff members have achieved Certified Brain Injury Specialist (CBIS) certification through a national program.
- Ten certified rehabilitation registered nurses (CRRNs) are on staff.
- Hook athletics promotes involvement of rehab patients and families in athletic, social and educational activities.
- Immediate access to a full spectrum of medical services if needed during rehabilitation program.
To learn more about Hook Rehab's inpatient and outpatient programs for physical and cognitive therapy for traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, stroke, neuromuscular diseases and related conditions, please call toll-free 800-551-4665 (HOOK) or contact a Hook Rehab facility.