For more information about future EMS classes, please contact Vickie Rhodes at 317-355-4354. More information about EMT-Basic and EMT-Paramedic courses >>
Primary Instructor Course
This course exceeds all National Education Standards and Indiana State Education requirements for re-certification.
The EMS Primary Instructor Course provides you the opportunity to learn innovative and powerful adult learning and education techniques from veteran EMS educators. This highly interactive course will be unlike any other that you have attended.
Dates: Thursdays from April 14 through May 26, 2016
Location: All classes are held at Community Hospital East, 1500 N. Ritter Avenue, Indianapolis, IN 46219, Blue Building: #3, EMS Education Classroom
Time: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Cost: Primary Instructor Course - $700 (includes textbook)
To apply: Download and return the PIC application packet (PDF).
EMS Refresher Courses (south division)
Attendance for the full 48-hour class is encouraged.
- April 5 - Advanced Medical Life Support Renewal, Greenwood FD Station 91
- April 12 - Advanced Cardiac Life Support Renewal, Bargersville Community FD Station 201
- April 26 - Emergency Pediatric Care Renewal, White River Twp. Station 53
- May 3 - Pediatric Advanced Life Support Renewal, Greenwood FD Station 91
- May 10 - Prehospital Trauma Life Support Renewal, Bargersville Community FD Station 201
- May 17 - "Putting It All Together"/Skills Blitz, White River Twp. Station 53
Class time: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Cost: Students may attend individual classes for re-certification for the cost of the individual class(es) plus necessary textbooks. Fee schedule (PDF)
Registration is required for attendance. To register or for more information, call Vickie Rhodes at 317-355-4354.
GEMSIS - EMS on the Move conference
Date: Thursday, April 7, 2016
Time: Registration 7:30 to 8:15 a.m.; Program 8:15 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Location: Valle Vista Conference Center, 755 E. Main St., Greenwood
Keynote speaker: Edward M. Racht, MD, is the chief medical officer for American Medical Response and associate chief medical officer of Evolution Health. Dr. Racht has more than 20 years of experience in emergency medical services and healthcare systems.
Mark your calendar today! Program and registration information will be mailed mid-February, 2016.