Who can we treat?
At Community Physical Therapy and Rehab, we can treat patients with the following diagnoses related to pelvic pain:
- Painful intercourse
- Rectal pain
Benefits of our program
Benefits of our pelvic pain therapy programs include:
- Focuses on addressing the cause of the problem and working with you on the best way to manage it.
- Tailored to meet your individual needs.
- Available for patients with any of the diagnoses listed above, regardless of the cause.
- Available for both men and women.
- Offers therapists with extensive training and clinical experience in this specialized area.
Treatment options for pelvic pain
A licensed occupational or physical therapist will evaluate you to determine the best treatment approach. The therapist might use any one or a combination of the following to help treat and manage your pelvic pain:
- Therapeutic exercise of the pelvic floor muscles.
- Computerized EMG for biofeedback with sensors to enable you to isolate the pelvic floor for strengthening and/or down training.
- Electrical stimulation for pelvic floor strengthening.
- Pain management with electrical stimulation, biofeedback, relaxation techniques, exercise, cold packs/heat and ultrasound.
- Therapeutic myofascial release, scar release, and soft tissue mobilization for pain relief and to minimize fascial restriction.
- Self-care strategies for patients with vulvar pain syndrome and interstitial cystitis.
To schedule an appointment for pelvic pain evaluation, please call 317-355-7868 (PTOT).