Frequently asked questions
For more information about the program, please review our policies and procedures.
When is the application deadline?
January 15. For example, the application deadline for the class of 2013 is January 15, 2013.
When does school start?
Classes begin in June.
How much does school cost?
Tuition currently is $3,000 per year plus approximately $1000 for books. There also is a $10 application fee and a $60 graduation fee.
What are school hours?
All classes and clinical hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. During the last three semesters, there are a few weeks of evening rotations.
Where are classes held?
Didactic courses are held at Community Hospital East. Clinical experiences are at Community Hospital East, Community Hospital Anderson, Community Hospital North, Community Hospital South, Community Hospital North Imaging Center and Community Heart and Vascular Hospital. These are scheduled Monday through Friday during the weekdays that students are not in class.
What are the entry requirements?
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Submit application and official transcripts by the January 15 deadline date.
- Submit a $10 application fee.
- Have earned a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Submit official transcript(s) from accredited college(s).
- Have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 on a 4.0 system in math and science courses.
- Have a minimum overall GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 system.
- Complete a minimum of 15 credits from an accredited college/university. Remedial level courses will not be applied towards entry requirements. The following courses must be completed with a grade of "C" or better. (Call program staff to confirm institution's credits/courses will be accepted.):
Additional courses are recommended and can help make applicants more competitive. Any of the following courses are suggested:
- Anatomy and physiology (minimum of 6 credits)
- English composition
- Public speaking
- Algebra (100 level or higher)
- Introduction to Microcomputers
- Medical Terminology
- Additional Algebra or other higher-level math
More information on admission requirements >>
How can I get an application?
You can apply online here. Or call 317-355-5867 or 317-355-5488 to ask for an application.
How can I get more information?
You can call 317-355-5867 or 317-355-5488. You can also send an e-mail.