Physician integration and partnerships
What does "integration" mean?
It's much more than employing physicians. It is total engagement between highly motivated co-leaders, including physicians, clinical directors and administrative champions.
What are the benefits of integration?
Co-leadership empowers a culture of teamwork and accountability, improved clinical and financial performance, and a cohesive approach to strategic implementation.
What will integration achieve?
A patient-centered, cost-effective focus, ultimately improving the health and wellness of our local community by providing the most convenient, connected and coordinated care.
Ongoing integration efforts
Community Physician Network primary care group continues to grow, and the integration of specialists through employment has also expanded to include physicians specializing in behavioral care, breast surgery, neurosurgery, general surgery, sleep, infectious diseases, critical care, pulmonary medicine and hospitalists.
Physicians as partners
Community values physicians as partners, promising them involvement in leadership and a voice in decision-making. Below are some of the ways we foster partnerships with and among our doctors:
- Physician manpower planning and development—This includes recruitment of top doctors, a concerted effort to ensure fair compensation, successful onboarding and orientation, and a focus on retention.
- Physician networking opportunities—Community hosts regular Doc to Doc events that allow physicians to get to know one another better and other special happenings.
- Communications with physicians—Intranet portals for medical staff members and other physician populations help Community doctors stay informed. Surveying efforts and other feedback vehicles ensure that physician voices are heard.
- Recognitions—Just as the network fosters a culture of recognition and thank you's among employees, the exceptional physician experience initiative provides vehicles for giving physicians the recognition they deserve.
- Professional development—The network's "Medicine Meets Business" class provides participating doctors with new insights into the business of medicine. And physicians have many opportunities to serve on committees and advisory boards, covering topics ranging from integration to electronic medical records.
- Joint venture opportunities—Current joint venture opportunities exist through our Indiana Surgery Centers and Community Imaging Center location on the Community Hospital North campus.