These support groups welcome all women who are currently facing or have faced challenges in life due to a breast cancer diagnosis. Our men's group focuses on the challenges faced by male caregivers. Our goal is to provide an environment that offers both educational and emotional support. Please feel free to bring friends and family members for additional support.
Patient advocacy webinar
A webinar series from Central Indiana Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure® featured renowned breast cancer surgeon Dr. Robert Goulet. In his presentation, Dr. Goulet walks through the role of the ”partner advocate” for an individual who has breast cancer, as families move through the cancer journey.
View webinar >>
North side of Indianapolis
Women's and men's support groups
Men's and male caregiver support group will be held at the same time as the women's group.* This group is open to the public. The focus of this group is male caregivers and the challenges they face while caring for their loved ones who are currently being treated or have gone through treatment for breast cancer. The group is led by Lee Stephan, a Community Health Network employee who lost his wife to breast cancer.
For questions, please contact Claudia "Quin" Quintero at 317-621-4323. Special note: We are still collecting gently used wigs and camisoles for Little Red Door Cancer Agency.
When: The first Tuesday of each month
Time: 6 to 7:30 p.m.
Where: 8040 Clearvista Parkway (Community Hospital North campus), Indianapolis, IN 46256 | View Map
*Women's group: Suite 550; Men's group: Suite 290
South side of Indianapolis
Please note: Starting September 2014, our day and location has changed! For questions, please contact Sharon Bronnenberg at 317-887-7332 or e-mail Sharon or Lou Ann Vaughn at 317-497-6938 or e-mail Lou Ann.
When: New day! First Thursday of each month
Time: 6 to 8:30 p.m.
Where: New location! Community Cancer Center South, 1440 East County Line Rd, Suite 1700 (The Community Room), Indianapolis, IN 46227 | View Map
Meeting dates and topics
Dinner/snacks: Each meeting is a pitch-in. Please bring your favorite dish to share with the group!
- September 4, 2014: "Fear of Recurrence"
- Speaker: Marita Barthuly, breast cancer survivor, cancer survivor coach
- Speaker: Carla Hall, breast cancer survivor, holistic nutrition coach
- October 2, 2014: "Role of Radiation in Treating Breast Cancer". Speaker: Darrel Ross, MD, radiation oncologist; Tour of new Community Cancer Center South radiation department.
- November 6, 2014: "The History of Breast Cancer in Art". Speaker: Chace Lottich, MD, FACS, breast surgeon
- December 4, 2014: Holiday pitch-in, pink elephant exchange, cookie exchange