Cardiac patient care
The Diabetes Care Center provides services to inpatients at Community Heart and Vascular Hospital and communicates glucose issues with the patient's primary care physician or specialist.
Every patient seen is given the opportunity for follow-up services in the outpatient setting. The Diabetes Care Center focuses on lifestyle and behavioral changes that are necessary for patients to manage their disease. Diabetes Care Center staff also helps patients taper off hospital medications safely.
- Daily rounding by Diabetes Care Center staff
- Follow-up in outpatient setting
- Pre-diabetes lifestyle change class with free glucose monitor
- Focus on cardiovascular risk factors, exercise, diet, metabolic syndrome
- Behavioral care as needed
- Disease management
- Insulin pump management