Insulin pump program
The Diabetes Care Center partners with physicians in managing patients on an insulin pump. The Diabetes Care Center staff consults with the primary care physician or specialist to identify the right pump for each patient, based on individual needs and insurance coverage. Patients are seen for a pump evaluation to determine if they are a pump candidate and to review provider expectations regarding pump therapy.
Patients learn how to use their new pump and have access to pump downloading software in the Diabetes Care Center waiting area. Diabetes Care Center staff assists patients in analyzing the data and makes adjustments so the patient can reach his or her personal target. Patients are encouraged to use the downloading software to self-manage their disease in between visits to their primary care physician or specialist.
- Order insulin pump that is right for the patient, based on individual needs and insurance coverage
- Education on insulin pump operation
- Glucose management and follow-up with ongoing support
- Pump data download and analysis with pump setting adjustments
- Continuous glucose monitoring