The Diabetes Care Center offers a range of disease management services that can be tailored to meet patients' needs. The disease management program is led by nurse practitioners, dietitians and nurses who specialize in diabetes care. An off-site medical director provides support as needed.
Once a referral is received, the patient will be scheduled for an initial assessment appointment. Follow-up care is provided in an individual or group setting, based on the patient's needs and insurance plan.
- Diagnostics such as continuous glucose monitoring
- Lab work
- Medical management of insulin and oral agents
- Complication management
- Free start-up materials, including glucose meter, month supply of testing strips, first bottle of insulin and syringes
- All types of glucose meters offered depending on insurance formulary preference
- Identification of lower cost or free pharmaceutical programs for eligible patients