7th Annual A Fair to Remember
September 12, 2014
Join Community Touchpoint for our 7th Annual Senior Health Fair, A Fair to Remember. We will host over 100 different vendors specializing in older adult needs and health screenings. Flu shots will be available on-site ($25 or free with insurance/Medicare card). Musical entertainment provided throughout the day. Cost includes lunch, health screenings and parking. Event flyer >>
Time: 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. (doors open at 9 a.m.)
Location: Agricultural Building, State Fairgrounds
Cost: $5 per person by Sept. 5; $15 after Sept. 5
Register today online or call 800-777-7775.
Speakers include physician experts and an update on exciting changes at Community Health Network:
- Bryan Mills - Healthcare challenges, changes and opportunities for the future
- Debbie Durham - National speaker, government leader and national security expert
- J. Stewart Goodwin Brigadier General USAF (Ret) - Executive director, Indiana War Memorials Commission
- Ernest Asamoah, M.D. - The myths and realities of diabetes
- Tom Ledyard, M.D. - Choices in care: the BIG picture
- Kiran Ivaturi, M.D. - Stroke symptoms: when to call 911
Reservation and payment required in advance. Don’t miss this memorable annual event!
Tai chi classes
Tai chi is the most practiced form of exercise in the world. Originally developed in ancient China for self-defense, it has evolved into a graceful form of exercise used for stress reduction and a variety of other health conditions. Referred to by the Harvard Medical School as "medication in motion," tai chi provides research supported healing and support for those with arthritis, heart disease, high blood pressure, sleeplessness, fibromyalgia, and back and spinal problems, as well as reduces stress and increases strength, mobility, balance and endurance. But don't let the gentle moves fool you; thirty minutes of tai chi burns the same amount of calories as thirty minutes of brisk walking.
Next session begins September 17, 2014. Class series dates/times and class descriptions >>