Pediatric sleep disorders
Community's Sleep/Wake Disorders Centers offer diagnosis and treatment of pediatric sleep disorders in children ages 2 through adolescent. We offer pediatric sleep disorder care at all our locations. To make or change an appointment please call 317-355-4682.
We treat the following sleep/wake disorders in children:
- Obstructive sleep apnea
- Poor sleep hygiene
- ADHD-related sleep disorders
- Excessive sleep
- Periodic leg movements
- Restless leg syndrome
- Idiopathic hypersomnolence
Spotlight: Pediatric sleep disorders
Watch the video below in which Dr. Debra O’Donnell, pediatric neurologist with Community Health Network, discusses sleep issues families and children may face as kids go back to school.
About the Pediatric Sleep Center
Unique features of the Pediatric Sleep Center include the following:
- Patients age 2 to 17
- Multidisciplinary team approach
- Luxurious, hotel-like bedrooms
- Comfortable accommodations for one parent
- Specialized evaluation and treatment
- Two-bed pediatric lab located on the pediatric unit
- Hospital-based lab with full service support available
- Pediatric nurses immediately available on unit in case of an emergency
- Toy room to ensure wakefulness during daytime studies
- Board-certified sleep medicine physicians
- Able to schedule patients quickly –no lengthy delays
- Same-day scheduling with insurance pre-certification
The pediatric unit at Community Hospital North offers two pediatric sleep study rooms that provide monitoring for children with sleep disorders, including EEG video seizure monitoring.
Take a tour
You and your child are welcome to visit the sleep center prior to the sleep study date for a tour and description. Please contact the sleep lab to set a time to stop by and get a tour of the facility.