7150 Clearvista Drive
Indianapolis, IN 46256
Contact: Karen Hicks
Community Hospital North offers a wide variety of volunteer opportunities that cater to many different interests and talents. Our unique volunteer opportunities include positions in the medical units, along with clerical positions and customer service assistance for patients and visitors.
- Information desk—Assist the staff at the main information desk with flower delivery, escorting and customer service needs for patients and visitors.
- Patient access—Assist with escorting for the outpatient registration desk.
- Hospital departments—Assist with supply stocking and basic patient needs. Departments include maternity, pediatrics, the Center for Joint Health and surgical services.
- Clerical—Assist with filing, making copies and packet assembly.
- Sewing volunteers—Community Hospital North also accepts volunteers willing to sew animal pillows and baby hats for hospital patients. Our sewing volunteers function either out of their homes or with one of our sewing groups that meets offsite.
- Fundraising—Assist with Volunteer Fundraising Committee functions.
An expanded list of volunteer positions will be provided during your interview.
Volunteer Fundraising Committee
All volunteers are automatically members of the Volunteer Fundraising Committee for Community Hospital North and Community Heart and Vascular Hospital. The purpose of the Volunteer Fundraising Committee is to coordinate fundraising opportunities in order to raise money to give back to the hospitals in the form of projects and equipment. Volunteer opportunities include involvement with the Committee, as well as assisting with the fundraisers.