Written by on 5/21/2015 3:45:00 PM
Headed to a Memorial Day cookout? You don't have to ditch your healthy eating habits to enjoy the festivities.
- Don’t show up to the event starving. You’ll be more likely to overeat. continue reading ...
Written by on 5/12/2015 5:00:00 PM
There's no better way to cool off in the summer than with a dip in the water. Whether you're splashing in a pool or setting sail on a lake, here are some important water safety tips to remember:
- Swim in designated areas supervised by lifeguards.
- Always swim with a buddy; do not allow anyone to swim alone. Even at a public pool or a lifeguarded beach, use the buddy system! continue reading ...
Written by on 5/5/2015 3:00:00 PM
In Indiana, poor medication adherence costs $6.5 billion in avoidable healthcare and the lives of 3,750 Hoosiers annually. Our experts at Wellspring Pharmacy suggest patients do the following to remember to take their medication:
- Keep medications near items that you use daily, like a toothbrush. That way, each time you go to brush your teeth, you make taking the medication a part of that routine.
- Use an app like mymedschedule.com to provide daily text message reminders. continue reading ...
Written by on 4/20/2015 5:00:00 PM
Achoo! As temperatures warm many people start to experience seasonal allergies.
"With the warm spring weather and high precipitation levels in recent weeks, allergy season is in full bloom," said Dr. Peter Schilt, otolaryngologist at Community Physician Network.
Schilt says that many people often mistake seasonal allergy symptoms for the common cold. continue reading ...
Written by on 4/15/2015 8:00:00 AM
The death of a loved one can be one of life’s most difficult experiences, yet, surprisingly, it can also be one of the most enlightening. Once you journey through and process your life changes, many people become stronger or empowered simply because they moved through the grief process.
Getting there is the challenge.
“Finding the meaning or purpose in death really depends on where you are in the grief process,” says Julie Leet, a licensed clinical social worker and bereavement counselor with Community Home Health. continue reading ...