Written by on 3/27/2015 6:30:00 AM
You keep hearing that abdominal fat can increase your risk for diseases like heart disease and diabetes. You can take simple steps to start working on decreasing your risk. Here are six healthy habits that can help you lose some inches and hopefully decrease your disease risk.
Stop drinking diet soda.
Studies show on average individuals who drink diet soda tend to eat more total calories per day than non-diet soda drinkers. continue reading ...
Written by on 3/18/2015 6:00:00 AM
Salmon is rich in omega 3 fatty acids, an essential fatty acid that promotes healthy joints and skin and reduces the risk of heart disease. We recommend you incorporate salmon into a heart-healthy diet using recipes like this one:
Written by on 3/13/2015 6:00:00 AM
Get motivated and confident!
- Lead your life with your heart!
- Smile: It’s contagious.
- Set goals for yourself.
- Step outside your comfort zone. continue reading ...
Written by on 3/9/2015 6:00:00 AM
There are many ways you can live a healthy life. Consider these tips to help you get there:
- Make friends with your scale. Weigh yourself once a week, in the morning, after going to the bathroom and getting undressed. Wednesday is the best day to weigh yourself. Track your results and stay motivated. continue reading ...
Written by on 3/4/2015 6:00:00 AM
While convenient and quick, takeout is not always the healthiest way to fill an empty stomach. But there are simple steps you can take to make your takeout healthier.
- Choose brown rice instead of white.
- Get sushi made with rolled cucumber instead of rice.
- Ask for sauces on the side, to control your portions. continue reading ...