Home Health Care Statistics
According to the National Association for Home Care and Hospice:
- Approximately 7.6 million people in the US require some form of home health care.
- More than 83,000 home health care providers exist today.
- Almost two-thirds (63.8 percent) of home health care recipients are women.
- More than two-thirds (69.1 percent) of home health care recipients are over age 65.
- Conditions requiring home health care most frequently include diabetes, heart failure, chronic ulcer of the skin, osteoarthritis, and hypertension.
- Approximately 57.6 billion dollars were projected to be spent on home health care in 2007.
- Medicare is the largest single payer of home care services. In 2006, Medicare spending was approximately 37 percent of the total home health care and hospice expenditure.
Click here to view the
Online Resources of Home Health, Hospice, & Elder Care