Written by on 4/14/2014 7:00:00 PM
Thursday, Community will open the doors to a new, world-class cancer facility on the Community Hospital South campus.The new 65,000-square-foot facility will offer a multidisciplinary and coordinated approach to care that enables patients to see all of their cancer care providers in the same day under one roof. Patients will have access to a team of medical experts and state-of-the-art technology all in a healing environment supported by a cancer care team of oncology social workers, dietitians, financial counselors, integrative therapies and patient navigators.
A look inside:
- Three floors dedicated to comprehensive patient care.
- 16 private infusion rooms with individual temperature control and heated recliners.
- Imaging technology including, PET CT, 3T MRI, linear accelerator, 3D mammography, ultrasound and X-ray.
- On-site lab
- On-site pharmacy
- FigLeaf Boutique, the only cancer specialty boutique on the south side. (Fun fact: Every employee is a certified mastectomy fitter.)
- Full range of certified oncology specialists including, radiation and medical oncology, gynecologic oncology, breast care, colorectal care, head and neck care, lung care and prostate care.
- Music, art and massage therapies
- Healing garden