Supporting breast cancer patients
at Community's FigLeaf Boutique
FigLeaf Boutique is a women's specialty health boutique that compassionately supports women facing breast cancer, as well as expectant mothers, through private consultations and innovative products offered in a nurturing atmosphere. The well-trained and knowledgeable team is dedicated to providing the right "fit" and guidance to accompany women on their journey.
Part of Community Health Network, FigLeaf Boutique specializes in re-creating the natural silhouette for women who have undergone a mastectomy, lumpectomy, reconstruction and uneven development. The boutique is a provider recognized by Medicare, Medicaid and most major insurance companies. With a staff of professionals board-certified by the American Board for Certification, FigLeaf Boutique's three accredited facilities can be found on the North, East and South campuses of Community Health Network.
The FigLeaf Boutique team offers complimentary private fitting services and accompanies the patients on their journey by helping them select proper garments. Consultations last approximately 30 to 45 minutes, depending on the fitting needs. Private fitting rooms provide a comfortable seating area and are both spacious and easily accessible. Based on the progression of needs a woman may have during her life after breast cancer surgery, the fitter will educate the patient on available products to help her lead a fulfilling life.
Post-surgical breast products consist of:
- Post-surgical camisole/bra: This is used immediately after surgery and has a drain containment device that is designed to be removed if needed.
- Mastectomy bra: A traditional bra with pockets to hold a silicone breast form or symmetry shaper. Comes in a variety of styles and colors that fits the woman's lifestyle.
- Breast prosthesis, silicon: A silicon breast form or symmetry shaper restores the balance to the wearer's silhouette, providing a more natural look and feel.
- Leisure form, non-silicon: A weighted foam breast that provides security and is great to wear during leisure activities.
- Swim forms: Safe to wear in swimming pools, salt water, hot tubs and spas.
- Selected brands are the best available and include: Amoena, ABC, Trulife and Anita. All FigLeaf Boutique breast forms come with a warranty to ensure satisfaction.
During the fitting process, FigLeaf Boutique staff will assist insurance paperwork on the patient's behalf. The number of bras and prostheses may vary based on the insurance the patient carries.
FigLeaf Boutique also specializes in lightweight and comfortable wigs. The staff is trained and offers personal assistance with choosing, styling and caring properly for the wigs. In addition, FigLeaf Boutique offers a wide selection of scarves, hats, turbans and sleep caps.
Wig fittings at FigLeaf Boutique are complimentary; patients should check with their insurance for provider details.
Figleaf Boutique carries a variety of breast cancer recovery and preparation products that may be used before, during and after treatment or surgery to enhance comfort, with vendors including Lindi Skin and Alra.
The goal at the Figleaf Boutique is to offer an easy, fun and relaxing shopping experience. The wide range of retail items includes Pink Ribbon apparel and inspirational gifts. Stores are designed to provide options for patients. Whether it is retail therapy or recovery products, FigLeaf Boutique's staff will be knowledgeable, helpful and supportive through the entire journey.