What to expect
Can I stay with my child?
- One parent or legal guardian must stay for the entire sleep study. Each private sleep suite has a full and twin bed for you and your child's comfort. Our suites also feature a television and DVD player.
24- to 48-hours prior to study
- You will be contacted 24 to 48 hours before your child's sleep study.
- At that time please let us know if there has been any change in your child's health, medication, etc.
*NOTE: We require 24-hour notice for cancellation of the sleep study.
What should we plan the day of the sleep study?
- Try to withhold naps on the day of study.
- Do not give your child any food or drinks that have caffeine such as soda or chocolate.
- Your child needs to be bathed with clean and dry hair with no lotion or cream on your child's skin.
- Pack an overnight bag for you and your child.
- Arrive at the sleep center at 8:30 p.m.
What should we pack in our overnight bag?
- Special blanket, pillow or other items that your child usually sleeps with or that will make your child feel at home
- Two sets of two-piece-pajamas; we prefer cotton bottoms and tops without zippers or a pair of shorts and T-shirt
- Special food or drink, bottle or sippy cup, diapers, training pants if child is not fully potty-trained or child has history of bed-wetting; toothbrush/paste and any other personal hygiene items
- All medication needed while at center; the sleep center does not provide any medication.