BodyZone fitness centers
New fitness option: TRX suspension training
Please call Todd for current TRX class schedule at BodyZone North!
The TRX Suspension Trainer is the original, best-in-class workout system that leverages gravity and your bodyweight to perform hundreds of exercises. You're in control of how much you want to challenge yourself on each exercise - because you can simply adjust your body position to add or decrease resistance. The TRX Suspension Trainer:
- Delivers a fast, effective total-body workout
- Helps build a rock-solid core
- Increases muscular endurance
- Benefits people of all fitness levels (pro athletes to seniors)
By using your own bodyweight, the TRX Suspension Trainer provides greater performance and functionality, allowing for a great workout for all levels of fitness!
Community Health Network’s fitness centers are designed to improve employee health and fitness, simplify their lives with convenient facilities, and be a part of their exceptional employee experience.
Personal training at BodyZone North and East
What people are saying about fitness classes....
"I really like the format of the class. Lynn plans the layout of the music and times the workout to the music. Every class is different because she changes it up. It doesn’t get boring that way. Lynn enjoys teaching and it shows with her smile and that makes me smile and enjoy the class too. If you are new she takes the time to help you adjust your bike and explains what to expect. It’s a great class - you burn a lot of calories while having fun!"
—Beth T., on Lynn's spin class
Do you want to start your new exercise program before the first of the year? Do you feel that you need some guidance with the equipment to have an effective workout? Maybe you just need to change your current fitness program and you are looking for someone to show you some new exercises and push you past your current program.....if so, we have the program design for you!!!
Our personal trainers design and tailor personalized workouts just for you, allowing you to achieve your desired results in a rewarding timeframe. Your professional trainer will be right there with you for inspiration, support, safety and guidance.
Make an appointment during the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and receive a 1/2 hour session for only $12. Normal personal training cost is $22.50/hour or $15/per half hour for BodyZone members and $25/hour or $17.50 per half hour for non-BodyZone members.
2013 class schedules: BodyZone North
Featured class: Tai Chi
Next 6-week series begins November 6, 2013!
Tai Chi is the most practiced form of exercise in the world. Originally developed in ancient China for self-defense, it has evolved into a graceful form of exercise used for stress reduction and a variety of other health conditions. Referred to by the Harvard Medical School as "medication in motion," Tai Chi provides research supported healing and support for those with arthritis, heart disease, high blood pressure, sleeplessness, fibromyalgia, and back and spinal problems, as well as reduces stress and increases strength, mobility, balance and endurance. But don't let the gentle moves fool you; thirty minutes of Tai Chi burns the same amount of calories as thirty minutes of brisk walking.
BodyZone fitness centers offer this six-week class to the general public. Please call Victoria at 765-325-2940 or email email@example.com to register or for more details.
- Series 7: November 6, 13, 20, December 4, 11, 18
Series 7 classes (begins November 6)
All classes held on Wednesdays. Morning classes held at BodyZone North; afternoon classes held at BodyZone East. Prices are for six-week sessions.
View class descriptions and all series dates and times >>
- Tai Chi Basics (seated) - $29. 30-minute class ideal for those who want to practice Tai Chi in a seated position, who are unable to participate in a standing class, have limited mobility, are recovering from illness, who wish to practice in smaller spaces, etc.
- BodyZone North, 9:30 to 10:30 a.m.
- BodyZone East, 2 to 2:30 p.m.
- Tai Chi for Diabetes and Pre-diabetes - $39. 50 minutes of instruction with 10 minutes at the end for individual questions and attention. Includes relaxing breathing techniques and gentle stretching exercises that can be done seated or standing to relieve mental and physical stress. This program has been designed to help diabetics and those with pre-diabetes. Emphasis is on easy to learn, gentle, continuous movements that are safe and effective for beginners.
- BodyZone North, 10 to 11 a.m.
- BodyZone East, 3 to 4 p.m.
- Level 3: Tai Chi Practice Group - $29. Open to those who have completed Tai Chi for Health/Arthritis Parts 1 and 2. Practice Tai Chi in a group environment. Each class will include different activities.
- BodyZone North, 11 a.m. to noon
Learn more about Todd and Bodyzone's other fitness instructors >>
Conveniences and amenities
- Easy to find in the Hillsdale office complex along Shadeland Avenue (6991 Hillsdale Court), just south of Community Hospital North and Community Heart and Vascular Hospital
- Accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Secure (security card needed for access)
- 8,500-square-foot facility
- Life Fitness elliptical trainers, treadmills, recumbent bikes and Hammer Strength weight machines, plus flat-screen TVs and satellite radio
- Full-service locker rooms
- 1,600-square-foot multipurpose room with 1.5-inch foam padded Taraflex sports floor for injury reduction, designed for cardio fitness classes and cooking classes.
- Conveniently located in the lower level of Community East building 3
- Accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Renovated in September 2010
- Secure (security card needed for access
- 1,800-square-foot facility
- Life Fitness cardio equipment including five treadmills, three elliptical trainers, stair stepper, two recumbent bikes, Smith weight machine, full line of Hammer Strength and Hoist weight machines, Swiss balls, stretching area, plus flat-screen TVs
- Men’s and women’s locker rooms
BodyZone North: Membership is available to all Community Health Network employees and spouses, with membership fees collected through convenient payroll deduction. There are no initiation or registration fees. Membership fees per pay period for you and/or your spouse are $11.54 or $18.46, respectively, paid through equalized payroll deductions.
BodyZone East: Membership is available to all Community Health Network employees, with membership fees collected through convenient payroll deduction. There are no initiation or registration fees. Membership fees per pay period for you and/or your spouse are $5.00 or $10.00, respectively, paid through equalized payroll deductions.
To enroll, click here (Note: You will be redirected to InComm and will need to log in.) Or, visit InComm under Services > Employee Fitness Centers and look for the enrollment link.
6991 Hillsdale Court
Indianapolis, IN 46250
Community Hospital East, Building 3 basement
1500 N. Ritter Ave.
Indianapolis, IN 46219
For more information contact Todd Williams, director of network fitness, at 317-621-1600 or e-mail Todd.