Community Hospital North
7150 Clearvista Drive
Indianapolis, IN 46256
Contact: Karen Hicks
Community Hospital North offers a wide variety of volunteer opportunities that cater to many different interests and talents. Our unique volunteer opportunities include positions in the medical units, along with clerical positions behind the scenes and customer service assistance for patients and visitors. Additionally, we offer a volunteer position involving music therapy, as well as our No One Dies Alone volunteer program.
- Guest relations –Assist the Guest Relations team at the main information desk with flower delivery, escorting and customer service for patients and visitors.
- Patient access – Assist with escorting for the outpatient registration desk.
- Hospital departments – Assist with supply stocking and basic patient needs. Departments include maternity, pediatrics, the Center for Joint Health and surgical services.
- Clerical – Assist with filing, making copies and data entry.
- No One Dies Alone – No One Dies Alone companions sit with patients who are passing away without family or friends available.
- Sewing volunteers – Community Hospital North also accepts volunteers willing to sew animal pillows and baby hats for hospital patients. Our sewing volunteers function either out of their homes or with one of our sewing groups that meets offsite.
An expanded list of volunteer positions will be provided during your interview.
All volunteers are automatically members of the Community Hospital North and Community Heart and Vascular Auxiliary. The purpose of the Auxiliary is to coordinate fundraising opportunities to raise money to give back to the hospitals in the form of projects and equipment. Volunteer opportunities include involvement with the Auxiliary Board, as well as assisting with the fundraisers.