Community Health Network historical timeline: 1990s
- Community Health Network forms Visionary Enterprises Inc. (VEI), a for-profit corporation that develops and manages ambulatory surgery centers, endoscopy centers, imaging centers and other ventures in partnership with physicians and hospitals. It also owns, develops and manages medical-related real estate, operates retail pharmacies and provides physician practice management and consulting services.
- Cancer Center North Pavilion opens.
A new main lobby, entrance and professional building open at Community Hospital East.
Indiana Surgery Center opens at Community Hospital North.
- Community Hospital South’s Family Rooms open on a new top floor of the hospital, allowing Community South to offer maternity services for the first time. Like Community North’s Family Rooms, the unit features LDRP rooms.
- Community Hospital East marks the birth of its 100,000th baby.
- Community Hospital of Anderson and Madison County joins Community Health Network in September, expanding the network’s reach into Madison County. Its name is changed to Community Hospital Anderson.
- Community Hospital Anderson adds a new emergency department, obstetrics area and outpatient services area.
- MedCheck Greenwood opens.
- Community Hospital East adopts the Family Rooms concept, offering LDRP rooms in the maternity unit.
Community Health Network acquires the Visiting Nurse Association of North Central Indiana. What was initially referred to as Community VNA Home Care is later renamed Community Home Health Services.
- Indiana Surgery Center East opens on the campus of Community Hospital East.
- A new medical office building opens at Community Hospital Anderson.
- A neonatal intensive care unit opens within The Family Rooms at Community Hospital North.