Who can we treat?
At Community Physical Therapy and Rehab, we can treat patients with the following diagnoses related to pelvic pain:
- Rectal pain
Benefits of our program
Benefits of our pelvic pain therapy programs include:
- Focuses on addressing the cause of the problem and working with you on the best way to manage it.
- Is tailored to meet your individual needs.
- Is available for patients with any of the diagnoses listed above, regardless of the cause.
- Is available for both men and women.
- Offers therapists with extensive training and clinical experience in this specialized area.
A licensed occupational or physical therapist will evaluate you to determine the best treatment approach. The therapist might use any one or a combination of the following to help treat and manage your pelvic pain:
- Therapeutic exercise of the pelvic floor muscles.
- Computerized EMG for biofeedback with internal and surface sensors to enable you to isolate the pelvic floor for strengthening and/or down training.
- Electrical stimulation for pelvic floor strengthening.
- Pain management with electrical stimulation, biofeedback, relaxation techniques, aerobic exercise, vaginal icing, heat and ultrasound.
- Myofascial release, scar release, and visceral mobilization for pain relief and to minimize fascial restriction.
- Self-care strategies for patients with vulvar pain syndrome and interstitial cystitis.
Find a location for pelvic pain therapy
Please contact one of our Physical Therapy and Rehab locations for more information or to set up an appointment for pelvic pain therapy.