Student extern program
Thank you for your interest in student extern opportunities with Community Health Network. We have filled our current needs. We expect more opportunities to be available in 2013. Stay tuned!
We created the student extern program to help promising students complete their education while getting crucial hands-on experience at Community Health Network. It's important for us to develop good rapport with talented individuals who can master basic technical skills and have the potential to grow in an exceptional career.
- Successful completion of a student extern assessment
- Two semesters of previous clinical experience in college courses
Community hires student externs as .01 PRN employees (8 hours per 2-week period). Externs are eligible for our tuition assistance program.
Two-week orientations for this program are typically offered two times a year, in December and May. After orientation, student externs receive hands-on instruction and learn how to:
- Perform a variety of nursing treatments
- Deliver patient-centered care
- Practice assessment skills
- Gain phlebotomy skills (exam required)