Community Health Network's registered nurses (R.N.s) and licensed practical nurses (LPNs) strive for excellence in professional practice. Excellent nursing practice is an integration of the following attributes and behaviors:
The practice personifies patient-focused care.
It is aligned with network values, demonstrates integrity in professional practice and ethical decision-making, is a role model to others in the art of health care. It is customized to the diversity, individuality and expectations of the people served.
The practice's hallmark is therapeutic relationships.
It demonstrates exceptional relationship competencies and an understanding of group dynamics.
The practice reflects care proficient in the art and science of nursing, as evidenced by:
- Positive outcomes — patient, client, organizational and professional
- Embracing organizational and specialty standards of practice
- Recognition by nurse peers and at the community/national level for expertise in nursing practice
- Certification in a nursing specialty when available
- Membership in professional nursing organizations
The practice is state-of-the-art, evidence-based and continuously improving.
It validates an involvement in continuous self-learning activities and a commitment to scholarly opportunities.
The practice of the registered nurse demonstrates facilitative leadership in groups and teams.
The registered nurse actively enhances the continuous learning and development of others through mentoring, precepting and role modeling.